Saturday, January 28, 2006

Yet another exciting post.

Guess what...I was grounded again today. To whomever controls Portland's weather: Enough with the freakin' rain already. I took a picture of the empty tarmac covered with rain with gloomy skies above with my cell phone. I'll see if I can upload it to this blog.

I checked the weather before I drove to the airport. Winds were 170 at 7 (meaning winds were coming from the south at 7 knots). Pearson's runways are 8 and 26. This means the winds were perpendicular to the runways. I wonder what it's like to land with a perfect crosswind. A blog that I read a lot gives a good description of how to land a plane in a crosswind: Blogging at FL250 The author of the blog is a professional pilot who lives right here in Vancouver. He also has a good photographic eye and posts quite a few pictures. Check it out.

BTW: When is Blogger going to support HTML editing of blogs in Safari browser!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home